Actuarial Function Officer (m/v)
- You assist the actuarial function holder in quarterly, annual or ad hoc reports for the DKV Executive Committee or Board of Directors concerning:
- The technical provisions (BEGAAP and Solvency II) and the profitability;
- The reinsurance;
- The new products and modifications of the existing products;
- The underwriting.
- You are versatile in these areas and prepare analyses.
- The processing, analysis and interpretation of figures, profitability analyses and other actuarial and quantitative analyses. In other words: you contribute to a better understanding of these figures so that you can recommend the right strategic choices.
- The follow-up of the recommendations made in these reports.
- You support the actuarial function holder and the actuarial team in place in transposing the requirements of Solvency II, for example:
- The coordination of the calculation of Solvency II technical provisions;
- The assessment of the quality of the data used for the calculations;
- The assessment of the adequacy of the models and assumptions used;
- The assessment of the projection of technical provisions in the Own Risk Self-Assessment framework.
- You also provide support for larger projects or files.
- You are familiar with the use and principles of existing techniques and models and are interested in developments in modelling, risk management and analysis.
- You actively contribute to the monitoring of the governance in place and the controls related to existing procedures and use your experience to propose optimizations.
- You proactively collaborate in the development of the Actuarial Function and DKV's governance framework with all employees of the company's 3 lines of defense.
Desired skills and expertise
- You are an actuary or you have a mathematical-economic background, with a few years' experience in the field of health or life insurance.
- You communicate easily, clearly, both orally and in writing.
- You have an analytical mind and can translate figures and abstract analyses into concrete information.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) is essential. In addition, you are fluent in Dutch or French.
- You are open and preferably work well as part of a team.
- You are familiar with computer work and at least have a good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. An affinity with programming is an asset.