The Project Management Officer is responsible for the follow-up of the portfolio management and the set-up of the project framework and methodology within the IT department of DKV Belgium.
General Duties and Tasks:
- Set-up and support the Project Framework and methodology.
- Provide a continuous improvement of the processes.
- Support Project Managers in providing the corporate project management and software development methodologies.
- Give proposal for project strategies, planning, review of project deliverables, status reports, problem reporting.
- Monitor the quality process of the projects.
- Monitor the usage of the project processes.
- Align project processes with the business processes.
- Manage the portfolio of projects.
- Support business value of the projects.
- Gaining agreement for revisions to the project from projects sponsors.
- Provide and maintain a portfolio reporting tool. (not more than 30% of the working volume).
- Responsible to assemble and centralize all information from the different PM’s concerning required boards, workshops, meetings, budget, status and planning projects.
- Prepare and provide regular and accurate reports.
- Maintain project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan.
- Provide training to the organization on project management.
- Support and coach project teams.
- Consult Project Managers in several tasks among others managing the implementation of processes, guiding the teams in charge of the project activities, estimating cost, timescales and resource requirements.
Key Skills and Experience:
- You have min.2/3 years of experience in a similar position
- You know Project management methodology (e.g. PMI, Agile, Scrum, etc)
- You have good reporting methods
- You have good technical knowledge on the project aspects.
- You have a very good command of languages: Dutch, French and English
- You can adapt easily in a new team
- Proactive attitude and ability to apply high quality standards
- You have a flexible team-player attitude and you’re accurate, committed and eager to learn
- You are pragmatic and eager to help the department evolve towards a structured organization