- Provide legal advice and support (also in English) to all business operations of DKV Belgium NV in relation to insurance and insurance distribution law (including AssurMifid / IDD, etc.), general commercial law including consumer law, data protection law and, if possible, corporate law;
- Prepare and review pre-contractual and contractual insurance documentation (insurance proposals, terms and conditions, etc.);
- Review of and advise on commercial contracts (including insurance distribution - broker/agent - contracts, supplier contracts, services contracts, etc.);
- Advise on legal (ombudsman) complaints;
- Effectively manage litigation matters and disputes and liaise with external lawyers;
- Draft and/or review settlement agreements;
- Ensure adherence with the Company by-laws and any relevant laws and (internal) guidelines and regulations;
- Liaise with the Compliance team in relation to various legal matters;
- Assist in carrying out duties related to Corporate housekeeping and Corporate Governance (assistance in the coordination and adaptation of the different charters for committees (Board of Directors, Audit and Risk Committee, etc.);
Key Skills and Experience
- You have a Master's degree in Law, preferably with a postgraduate degree in commercial, corporate or insurance law;
- You have at least 2 to 3 years of experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel in the fields of commercial and/or insurance law;
- Your mother tongue is French or Dutch, with excellent oral and written proficiency in English. Knowledge of other languages (German) is a plus but not a necessity.
- You have strong written and good communication skills and find it easy to establish contacts.
- You are business-oriented, solution-minded and are good at analysing and summarising information.
- You contribute to the achievement of the company’s objectives by being energetic, enthusiastic and engaged in everything you do.
- You like working autonomously and yet also show team spirit.
- You are able to build trust and show integrity by being genuine, listening carefully and keeping promises.
- You have the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
We offer you
- A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits.
- Our office is located in the centre of Brussels (Central Station), easily accessible by public transport.