Java Developer (m/v)
Contribute to the functional analysis and specification of requests for IT developments
Realize IT projects according to approved functional specifications and within the approved budget and planning
- Develop new programs or adapt existing programs in respect of the existing standards
- Test new developments before submitting them to the key user for user testing
- Document his/her realizations
Maintain and improve existing IT applications
- Handle all incoming requests related to the applications you're responsible for
- Correct bugs in the applications you're responsible for
- Analyze root causes of frequent problems and propose fundamental solutions
- Realize approved improvements
- Maintain user and technical documentation
Support business users in the usage of the existing IT applications
- Define the required availability levels and response times with the business owners
- Elaborate support procedures, with escalation to external parties where appropriate
- Measure and report the achieved availability levels and response times
- Assist users in the improved usage of the existing applications
Propose improvements in the existing applications so as to reduce their Total Cost of Ownership 'TCO'
Collaborate in a constructive way with colleagues in IT and in the business so as to realize the mission of DKV IT
Timely report on the status and the progress of his/her assignments
Actively contribute to the team meetings and to the Competence Center meetings
Minimum 2 years of experience as analyst programmer in a JAVA environment
Database : Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- JAVA JEE 7
- EJB 3.1
- JPA - Hibernate
- Component based development
App Server & tooling:
- Maven, jenkins, artifactory
Fluency in English and French/Dutch is a prerequisite.
Knowledge of German is an asset.
The successful candidate should have a degree in IT, or similar by experience.
He/she must be a motivated team player, positively contributing to the team's objectives.
He/she must be able to easily integrate within the team and share knowledge with his/her colleagues.
He/she must be able to interact with business people (with key-users and end-users), analyze their needs and understand their processes.
He/she must be able to handle pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
He/she must be able to work in a structured manner.
Certification is a plus.
Please submit your candidacy to email@example.com