- To perform internal audits for all assigned Belgian companies (DKV Belgium, ERGO Insurance NV and DAS Belgium) in accordance with the IIA Standards and Code of Ethics.
- To ensure compliance with the legal basis relevant for Internal Audit and with the Internal Audit Directive as well as ERGO Group Audit guidelines and work instructions.
- To provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity in order to add value and recommend improvements to the operations.
- To advise business units and central divisions on all aspects of audit activities, with meaningful exposure to executive management.
General Duties and Tasks:
Audit engagement activities
- To ensure professional and timely conception and execution of planned audits and ad hoc audits.
- To maintain complete, adequate and accurate working papers.
- To assure a high quality of the audit results and compliance with the defined Group audit processes.
- To provide ongoing formal and/or informal feedback to the relevant business units during an audit.
- To formally report the findings, conclusions, and any recommendations arising from the audit in a concise and accurate manner including a risk-level grading.
Monitoring & follow-up activities
- To maintain a record of all audit findings and recommendations.
- To ensure a proper follow-up of agreed risk remediation measures.
- To regularly liaise with each applicable business unit, in order to ascertain progress with the completion of agreed recommendations.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- You have a Master’s degree (Finance, Economics,…).
- Several years of professional experience and audit experience in the internal audit function or an external audit company.
- Knowledge of insurance business is an advantage.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ability to analyse complex processes and issues, including good knowledge in MS-Office as well as audit and data analysis tools.
- Strong sense of responsibility, ability to work in a team and independently.
- Prepared to work in international teams and to travel occasionally.
- Excellent rhetorical skills (both verbally and in writing) as well as ability to deal with different hierarchical levels in a self-assured and engaging manner.
- High degree of personal engagement and focus on results.
- A very good knowledge of English, Dutch or French. Other languages are an added value.
We offer you:
- A dynamic, diverse and flexible working environment within 3 insurance companies (life, health and legal assistance).
- Various possibilities for professional development (trainings, professional certification, ….).
- A challenging and fascinating job as being part of the International Audit Community.
- A competitive/attractive salary package including fringe benefits.