Internal Auditor (m/v)
- To perform internal audits for all assigned Belgian companies (DKV Belgium, ERGO Insurance NV and DAS Belgium) in accordance with the International Internal Audit Standards and Code of Ethics.
- To ensure compliance with the legal basis relevant for Internal Audit and with the ERGO Group Audit guidelines and work instructions.
- To provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity to add value and recommend improvements to the operations.
- To advise business units and central divisions on all aspects of audit activities, with meaningful exposure to executive management.
General Duties and Tasks
Audit engagement activities
- You prepare a qualitative audit alone or in cooperation with an experienced auditor.
- You maintain complete, adequate and accurate working papers.
- You assure a good quality of the audit results and compliance with the defined Group audit processes.
- You are involved in the preparation, drafting and implementation of reports.
- You provide ongoing formal and/or informal feedback to the relevant business units during the audit.
Monitoring & follow-up activities
- You maintain a record of all audit findings and recommendations.
- You ensure a proper follow-up of agreed risk remediation measures.
- You regularly liaise with each applicable business unit, in order to ascertain progress with the completion of agreed recommendations.
Key Skills and Experience
- The ability to analyse, plan and organize well.
- Be a team player who knows how to tackle the problem and at the same time can work autonomously.
- Good rhetorical skills (both verbally and in writing) as well as ability to deal with different hierarchical levels.
- High degree of personal engagement and focus on results.
- A very good knowledge of English, Dutch and/or French. Other languages are an added value.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- You have a master degree.
- You have a first professional experience (eg. audit, business analyst, project manager, risk, compliance, …) in a financial service or an insurance company.
We offer you
- A dynamic, diverse and flexible working environment within 3 insurance companies (life, health and legal assistance).
- Various possibilities for professional development (trainings, professional certification, ….).
- A challenging and fascinating job as being part of the International Audit Community.
- A competitive/attractive salary package including fringe benefits.